Porcelain & Melamine
PORCELAIN & MELAMINE
The porcelain range is perfect for everyday magic moments. Porcelain combines the low porosity of glass with the ability of clay to retain its shape when fired at very high temperatures.
All items are glazed to achieve a glossy look. Porcelain is strong, tough, and non-porous. It is likely to last a long time and you can wash it all in the dishwasher, heat it in the microwave or oven, and store leftovers in your freezer.
Everyday Magic... Right here at your table. Printed, solid, striped, flowers, dots, bowls, plates, trays or cups...There is a 12 year old love story behind RICE and melamine.
We love the material and the many possibilities it holds, and it truly embraces the cornerstone of our philosophy; Fun, Funky and Functional. With kitchen shelves or cupboards filled with these wonderful items, you can always set a happy table that guarantees smiling faces each and every time.
Our melamine is:
•Approved by DVFA and tested food safe
•BPA and phthalate free
The Original RICE Quality
The quality of RICE melamine is the highest available and this is of great importance to us.
Our melamine products are approved by DVFA and tested food safe.Bisphenol A (BPA) and phthalates are not used in the production of melamine products, and therefore RICE melamine does not contain these materials.
You can identify RICE melamine products by the hologram sticker stating this is the Original RICE Quality. So look out for our ‘Original RICE Quality’ sticker to be sure to get the very best quality.
There are only a few precautions you should follow to get the most out of melamine products:
Melamine is not suitable for the microwaveMelamine can break if exposed to hard shock.Please check for cracks and discard the product if any is found.Over time, melamine products can age and obtain a matte finish.Products with a very matte finish should be discarded.
• RICE melamine products are approved by DVFA and tested food safe
• RICE melamine is suited for a standard dishwasher (not suitable for commercial dishwashers)
• RICE melamine is not suitable for microwave
• RICE melamine does not contain BPA or phthalates
• That our lovely tall cups (melcu-L...) are best suitable for great smoothies, fresh juices and funky water. They are only suitable for drinks up to max 70 degrees, so do not use it for boiling water.
• Our cake forks and tea spoons are not recommended for children under the age of 3.